Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) and their division NEA are leader in energetic and non energetic system solutions offered to aerospace, satellite and defense customers for a wide variety of applications. EBA&D products and capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D is seeking an accomplished engineer for the position of Development Engineer IV supporting our satellite mechanisms products reporting to the Engineering Manager. This position is located in Moorpark, CA.
The development engineer (DE) is the technical lead on internal and external projects and is responsible for all technical and schedule aspects of the project/product from concept through development, qualification and production. Primary duties include:
• Development and maintenance of the technical data package, product testing requirements and methods.
• Create 3D conceptual models to meet customer design requirements
• Perform design trade studies and hand calculations
• Perform tolerance studies to ensure design fidelity
• Interact with customers on design, interface and functional details
• Interact with suppliers to rapid prototype parts for risk reduction testing
• Requirements generation, allocation, and flow down
• Technical compliance and risk assessment/management
• Coordination of project team technical tasks
• Cost estimating and management for both proposal and program activity
• Additional duties include coordination with other departments to ensure the production viability of new designs, creation of the required documentation, and internal and customer approval for this documentation.
• The successful candidate must have a BS in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical or aerospace engineering, and a minimum of 5 years of project, design or related engineering experience.
• Candidates should have the ability to interpret and analyze customer requirements and government/military specifications and apply them to the design.
• Knowledge of explosive material ordnance devices and/or satellite/launch vehicle systems as well as experience with manufacturing processes, rapid prototyping and/or product development.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction with various levels of management and customers.
• Design for Manufacturing methods and techniques.
• Experience with government specifications and industry standards related to aerospace components’ and systems’ design, manufacture, and test.
• Experience in manual and semi-automated mechanical assembly, process development and evaluation.
• Background in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement.
• Candidates must meet all requirements under BATFE and ITAR.
• Experience with CAD Software, preferably SolidWorks.
• Proficient with Microsoft office suite software.
• Skills in using MathCAD, Matlab, and ANSYS are preferred
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.