Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products & capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks an accomplished engineer for the position Electrical Product Engineer, reporting to the Value Stream Manager, Electrical Systems. The position is located in Simsbury, CT.
This position supports the Value Stream Manager. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of product engineering including but not limited to the following;
- Develop manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies to achieve defined quality and rate goals, including training of operators.
- Create and update production technical data package documents IAW customer requirements.
- Populates product structures and routers in IFS Applications, an ERP system.
- Prepares process documentation including standard work packages, and manufacturing instructions and process specifications in a visual format.
- Develop the layout of manufacturing cell design including tooling, machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for safety and environmental compliance while maintaining effectiveness of product work cell.
- Drives continuous improvement activities including lean Cell conversion, SPC implementation and SMED.
- Review PCB Fab drawings, PCB Assembly drawings, and Electro-mechanical drawings and provide input to influence new product designs for manufacturability.
- Perform PFMEA’s and DFM’s to identify and mitigate process risks early in the design process
- Provide supplier management and development support for PCB Contract Manufacturers (New Supplier Assessment, Process Development, Assembly Support, Source Inspection, Etc.)
- Coordinate Design and procurement of Assembly Tooling, Fixtures and Work aides
- Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including technicians, quality engineers, inspectors, planner, program managers, project engineers and design engineers.
The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience as an electronics manufacturing engineer and 3-8 years of experience.
- PCB Assembly, Electro-mechanical Assembly, IPC & J-STD Specification Knowledge
- Process Development, Writing Procedures, Working with PCB Contract Manufacturers
- Electronics Testing Experience a plus (Oscilloscopes, Meters, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing systems or Continuous Improvement and strong problem solving skills
- Experience working in a development atmosphere is a plus
- Familiarity with configuration management practices
- Fundamental knowledge of root cause/corrective and preventative action and the ability to walk project teams and customers through the analysis.
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.