Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products & capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. seeks an accomplished professional for the position HR Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Human Resources Representative. This position is located in Simsbury, CT.
HR Administrative Assistant, will be supporting the Human Resources team.
- Serve as primary authoritative information source for the following Human Resources and Administrative Support activities:
- Assist in corporate new hire preparations and on boarding program
- Manage company Wellness program through online tool
- Maintain safety and compliance training through online tool
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to employee and retiree benefits and maintain files
- Greet visitors
- Maintain accuracy of, and update employee personnel files in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Enter data into Human Resources database to keep employee records current
- Compose competent memos to employees to effectively communicate policy and procedural changes
- Assist in the construction and improvement of company policies and procedures
- Assist in recruitment activities and special HR projects as needed
- Maintain HR records and performance management systems
- Perform Compensation research
- Provide administrative support to the department and independent HR projects as assigned
- File documents and answer phone calls
- Bachelors degree preferred with 1-2 years of experience in an office environment.
- Confidently taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment and ensuring a high level of confidentiality with a positive attitude and patience.
- An ongoing desire to learn, grow and contribute are all desired.
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to manage multiple deadlines of varying importance
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills, editing skills, and strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and database software.
- Able to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation and be able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate professionally on written/verbal (in person and on the phone)/personal basis among a variety of personality types.
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/ Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.