Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products & capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks a qualified candidate for the position Machinist Technician, reporting to the Rapid Development Machinist. The position is located in Simsbury, CT.
- Operating and monitoring CNC screw machines, CNC and manual mill and lathe to produce high quality machined parts under the direct supervision of an experienced machinist.
- Using gages to understand and verify part conformance.
- Changing worn out tools and entering offsets.
- Preparing machines for unattended production.
- Processing parts and preparing them for shipment.
- Removing chips from the machines and keeping the work area neat and clean.
- General housekeeping of machining center.
- Must be able to support machine operations that may involve parts that contain explosive material.
- Must be able to ascertain all of the safety requirements that are needed to support a job before the work is started and follow all established safety guidelines.
- Completion of all required paperwork (written and computer based).
- Work within a team structure to achieve company and department goals.
- Perform additional duties related to specific area assignments.
- 2 - 5 years of experience as machine operator required. This requirement includes experience with operating CNC lathe, mills and other similar machine tools.
- Experience with programming CNC screw machines, lathe, mills and/or other similar machine tools is a plus.
- Citizen lathe experience a plus.
- Experience with interpretation of technical drawings is a plus.
- Close attention and care is required to prevent damage to complex machines and machine tools.
- High mental and visual effort is required including ability to perform standard machine shop mathematics.
- High School or equivalent G.E.D.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management and customers.
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.