Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic and non-energetic system solutions offered to aerospace, satellite and defense customers for a wide variety of applications. EBA&D products and capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks an accomplished Product Engineer III to support our Defense and Aerospace Market.
This position supports and reports directly to the Value Stream Manager. The Product Engineer (PE) is the technical lead on internal and external projects and is responsible for all technical and schedule aspects of the project/product throughout the production life cycle. Primary duties include:
- Cost estimating and requirements generation and flow down
- Technical compliance and risk assessment
- Coordination of project team technical tasks
- Maintenance of the technical data package, build package (including manufacturing instructions, routings and tooling) as well as product testing requirements and methods.
- Provide continuity during the transition from the proposal phase to the production phase by acting as the main technical liaison between the customer and EBA&D.
- Coordination with other departments to ensure the production viability of new designs, creation of the required documentation, and internal and customer approval for this documentation.
- Interface with production personnel including operators, quality inspectors, and shop floor supervisors.
- Implementation of Lean methodologies including standard work, point of use tooling, material presentation and process improvements.
- Develop layout of manufacturing cell design including tooling, machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering and a minimum 5 years of project, manufacturing or related engineering. Additionally, it is desired that the candidate has experience in the following area:
- Writing, project cost estimating, and project experience includes mechanical design, problem solving/root cause analysis, leadership of technical teams, technical management.
- Experience with government specifications and industry standards related to aerospace components’ and systems’ design, manufacture, and test.
- Design for Manufacturing methods and techniques
- Experience in lean manufacturing systems and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Established project management skills with the ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Experience in working with Aerospace and Defense products and processes.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing practices and in depth understanding ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Strong skills in MS Windows – Excel, Word and Power-point. Familiar with and able to work in MS Project.
- The candidate must have excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Excels in a dynamic work environment.
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.