Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic and non-energetic system solutions offered to aerospace, satellite and defense customers for a wide variety of applications. EBA&D products and capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks a Program Manager supporting our Missile product line reporting to the Director, Missile Systems. This position is located in Simsbury, CT.
The Program Manager acts as the primary and accountable point of contact for the customer. She/he defines, plans, manages and reports on contractual requirements and overall performance of their programs.
Principal duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides program team leadership and has overall responsibility for ensuring successful completion of the program for both external and internal customers
- Ensures program team understands and has appropriate resources to meet and verify all contractual requirements (cost, technical, schedule) to include product performance, quality, regulatory compliance, etc., develops the program plan with the team, and conducts regular program reviews, both internal and external, to report and track performance to the plan.
- Provides program direction during all phases of the program (proposal, contract negotiation/award, program kickoff, program execution, program close out) to accomplish cost, technical, and schedule objectives and proactively works with the team and customer to address and mitigate the impact of unplanned events (failures, realized risks, material issues, etc.) on the organization and the customer.
- Provides input to the company’s strategic planning process and recommends new business pursuits and/or possible expansions
- Continually assesses the capability and capacity of team members and proactively works with the organization to identify gaps, needed capability, and additional resources as required to ensure successful execution of the program
- Performs team based project planning, implementation, and reporting using informal/formal program/project and risk management tools and techniques to mitigate cost, schedule and technical impacts to the organization and the customer
- Serves as the primary customer point of contact and “voice of the customer” within the organization. Balances and negotiates all changes to the project plan with both internal and external customers to ensure program objectives and expectations are aligned and executable.
- Works to resolve conflicts among the team (including the external customer), aligns expectations, and develops both short term and long term executable plans to lead the program to successful conclusion.
- Functions as leader of the proposal team to ensure all aspects of the proposed program are executable and achievable within the proposed schedule, budget and customer proposal requirements and obtains internal team consensus that the organization is positioned for success.
- BS Degree in an engineering discipline is required, MBA preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Contract, Engineering, Project or Program Management in the Aerospace & Defense industry.
- Leadership and team building skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Understanding of risk management, technical design and manufacturing processes
- Business management skills
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.