Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBAD products and capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBAD seeks a professional for the position of Quality Engineer III, reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager in our Graham, KY location.
- Responsible for understanding the Quality requirements for the Customer
- Ensures that robust systems are in place to meet those systems for the operations team, program(s) or area(s) assigned throughout the value stream
- Responsible for multiple programs which may all be complex in nature.
- Evaluates technical data packages for bids/proposals and provides input and estimates
- Responsible for upfront Quality planning, defining inspections and tests and associated equipment, development of QA and Inspection Plans, implementation of Statistical Process Control and/or data collection and analysis methodologies, gage R&R studies, process capability assessments, and data/trend analysis
- Serves as operations team's primary point-of-contact with respect to the Customer
- Coordinates visits and inspection/test activities, both internally and externally
- Schedules testing, prepares and submits test requests
- Creates Engineering reports relative to manufactured product, such as First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) in accordance with AS9102.
- Completes documentation of nonconforming product and Quality-related issues
- Effective problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are essential; will lead root cause analysis efforts and evaluate corrective and preventive actions
- Performs and supports QMS audits
- Duties also include supplier audits and source inspection activities
- A Bachelor's degree with concentration in technical disciplines
- Professional certification, training or experience in progressive Quality disciplines is expected
- Certified Green Belt is preferred
- Quality Auditor certification is preferred
- Sound knowledge of Quality Systems, GD&T, SPC and MSE concepts is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary
- Ability and desire for personal growth and development into managerial position is preferred.
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.