Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. is a four-business diversified operating company with global holdings in myriad industries including Life Sciences, Aerospace & Defense, Food & Flavorings and Real Estate Development. This position is located within our Aerospace & Defense business located in Simsbury, CT.
The Security Officer is responsible for the physical security and safety of Ensign-Bickford Industries and Simsbury Dyno Nobel. This includes security enforcement, administering visitor and contractor access, vehicle control, emergency response, reporting and documenting incidents, CCTV monitoring and walking patrols.
- Monitor alarms in Security Control and advise mobile unit via radio communications to respond to alarms (Cardkey, panel, facility). Determine appropriate response and make contacts to correct alarm conditions.
- Monitor and control access of employees, contractors and visitors, determining and confirming the purpose of their visit, that they have proper authorization and an escort if necessary
- Emergency responses, treat medically as needed and assist in all other emergencies as directed by incident scene commanders
- Perform property, building, grounds and key station checks to ensure perimeter and building/s security. Report problems to security control using mobile radio for corrective actions.
- Mobile patrols for employee safety, enforcement of parking restrictions; take corrective actions of violations noted and report same.
- Maintain Security Department resources such as security control, vehicle, trailers and various equipment. Report deficiencies and re-supply as necessary.
- Document incidents, visitors, contractors, alarms and responses using appropriate forms, both electronic and paper
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma/GED and EMT Certification (Must be a Connecticut Certification) and a valid driver’s license. The candidate must obtain as a condition of employment Department of Defense (DoD) secret clearance, and a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) possessor license.
- General knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, composition and spelling to complete electronic reports.
- Ability to read and understand standard rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Apply and enforce agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures; speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to give directions, answer questions and explain rules
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with State and local government personnel
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with resistant or hostile people
- Basic knowledge of computers and applications, including MS Office.
- Required to perform essential job functions as described in the Physical Requirements & Work Conditions document.
Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin or veteran status.