Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products & capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks an accomplished professional for the position of Senior Accounting Manager, reporting to the VP of Finance.
The Senior Accounting Manager will work closely with the VP of Finance to develop solid accounting and controlling processes and procedures and assisting in long and short term planning and reporting. The manager is responsible for all general accounting, cost / project accounting, payroll, accounts payable, inventory and accounts receivable activities.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Oversee EAC / project reporting processes and suggest and implement improvements.
- Develop and implement processes to improve working capital days
- Lead and support the companies ERP system including new system implementations
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a scheduled basis.
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of working capital and project margins
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Oversee process of AP, AR, Cash Application and Payroll via the accounting supervisor
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Oversee the processing of accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger & payroll
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. The right candidate should be a self-starter with a track record of success managing teams and strong interpersonal skills.
- BS degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in accounting and finance (must have had a role in both)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience and minimum of 1 year of managerial experience
- Experience with project accounting and government contract accounting. Experience in the Aerospace and Defense sector and plus
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate both written (including PPT) and verbally
- Experience in managing customer service and or negotiating contracts a plus
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.