There is an open position for a Set up/Programmer with Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company in Moorpark.
The Set up/Programmer is responsible for fabricating precision-machined parts by setting up and operating a dual spindle Lathe and a 5 axis Mill per work orders, routers, & blueprints. Machines are Mori Seiki with CELOS control. Parts are smaller in size, 12” max. Most runs are short, 10 to 200 pieces.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete tool, fixture, and material setup on CNC Mill and lathe.
- Running first piece article ready for inspection.
- Verifying parts by using precision measuring equipment.
- Changing tools and offsets based in cutting conditions.
- Using proper methodology and cutting tools to produce quality parts that adhere to production and quality standards.
- Using proper feed, speed, and other cutting parameters based on work piece matls such as aluminum, steel, stainless steel, titanium, etc.…
- CNC backup programming using ESPRIT software.
- Revising programs as needed based on engineering or production required changes.
- Participating in troubleshooting on CNC programming and production related issues on the shop floor.
- Other similar or related duties as required.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in CNC operation with setup experience.
- Dual spindle lathe experience a plus.
- CNC ESPRIT programming skills a plus.
- General knowledge of GD&T, blueprint reading and inspection tools
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to communicate technical instructions to semi-and non-skilled labor.
- Work with little or no supervision, previous lead experience a plus.
- Minimum High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate with others effectively in both written and verbal fashion.
- Must be able to meet all ITAR and BATFE background requirements
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.