Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products & capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks a qualified candidate for the position Tool Maker, reporting to the Rapid Development Technician. The position is located in Simsbury, CT.
- Fabrication of tooling, fixtures and gages and repair of production equipment using hand tools and manual machines such as mill, lathe, surface grinder, and other shop equipment.
- Operating and monitoring CNC screw machines, CNC mill and CNC lathe to produce high quality machined parts under the direct supervision of an experienced machinist.
- Acting as a back-up for the Screw Machine Shop including changing worn out tools and entering offsets and performing additional duties related to specific area assignments.
- Processing parts and preparing them for shipment and preparing machines for unattended production.
- General housekeeping of machines and shop area.
- Completion of all required paperwork (written and computer based).
- Work within a team structure to achieve company and department goals.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience as Tool Maker required in fixture building, tooling, and gage making.
- Experience with interpretation of technical drawings is a plus.
- Experience with programming and operating CNC screw machines, lathe, mills and/or other similar machine tools is desired.
- High School or equivalent G.E.D.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management and customers.
- Must be able to support machine operations that may involve parts that contain explosive material.
- Must be able to ascertain all the safety requirements that are needed to support a job before the work is started and follow all established safety guidelines.
- SolidWorks, MS Office, and CAM experience desired.
The Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.